Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Meal Plan

The key to losing weight is not just eating three times a day. You have to include snacks throughout the day-sensible ones of course. If you just eat the three meals, the chances are that you will be hungry in between meals and get cranky. That is why many people do not succeed.

I am going to be listing different meal plans, the ones that usually work for me. With my weight, I have to consume 1400-1600 calories in order to lose one pound a week. However, I can allow more when I put in a good workout.

I will be listing my breakfast, lunch and snacks for the day. They do not have to be in any order. I just eat them when I feel hungry. I will not list the dinner because my husband sometimes does the cooking and whenever I try to cook something healthy for dinner, hubby protests (Lol). But usually for dinner, it is a meat, a vegetable and a small potato. Not a lot of variety because he is picky.

I have used cookbooks (such as The south Beach Diet) as a guideline for the menu. The only thing I do that is different is I do not make something different for each day. It is too time consuming and a waste of money if one day I have an apple and the next another piece of fruit, for example. If I buy a bag of apples and only have one a week, the fruit is going to get spoiled before I am done with a bag. So I will use a certain food item in the meal plan for a few days.

This is the menu I am starting out with. I will add more as I continue.

Breakfast

Turkey and Egg Omelet
½ grapefruit
Herbal Tea

Snack

Kiwi

Lunch

Lean Turkey Breast-seasoned with lemon and flaxseed oil
Pear
Healthy Water

Snack

Blue Berries
2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Dinner

?

Snack

Baked Apples
Grapes
Herbal Tea

Recipes

Turkey and Egg Omelet

2 eggs
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
! slice fat free sodium free deli turkey-shredded
Ground Basil
Ground Pepper
Whisk eggs in a bowl. Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add eggs. When eggs are almost set, layer turkey over half of the omelet. Sprinkle pepper and basil on the other half. Fold one half over the other half. Cook for 1-2 minutes more until done.

Healthy Water

Sliced Orange
Sliced Kiwi
Slice Lemon/or Tablespoon Lemon Juice

Fill a pitcher with water-it can both be spring water or mineral water-and put the fruit slices in it. Refrigerate for at least one hour.

Baked Apples

2 tablespoons raisins
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 apples peeled and cored-the Granny smiths or Golden Delicious apples work best

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine raisins and cinnamon in a bowl and mix. Stuff the raisin/cinnamon into the hollowed out apples. Stand upright in a pan and add one inch water. Bake 30-40 minutes, until they are soft. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment