Monday, March 10, 2014

Meal Plan

I just weighed myself and I am down to 159.3 pounds. It’s been at least six months and maybe a year since I have been under 160 pounds. So I am making progress. It was during the first half of January when I decided that I wanted to lose weight. I think it was when, all of a sudden, my pants were too tight on me.

A lot of it were the unhealthy eating habits, such as grabbing a pastry from the vending machine to keep my hunger pains at bay and not eating a healthy breakfast. Since I also work night shift, it is hard to get into a normal routine.

I started out by having more fruits, having more fiber in my diet and eliminating the junk food. On my breaks at work, I really only have 10-20 minutes to eat. Instead of trying to cram everything into my mount in one sitting. I try to eat something on each break. The one thing I realize is that even though I still feel hungry after I eat, if I wait a little I won’t be hungry. I think it is because my brain has not been told that I had eaten and it is still processing.

It took a while to take the first couple pounds off-I averaged about a half pound a week. It was taking time for my body to adjust. Now it seems that it is coming off faster. Mood wise, I feel good. At first I was tired and it did, when I started breaking it down to eating several times a day, that I was always hungry. That too has improved. Your body still needs time to adjust. But it is important to not give up.
Okay now for the meal plan (I hope to get enough of these posted so people can organize them and make a two week plan for themselves):

Breakfast

Banana Smoothie
2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Snack

Apple
¼ Cups Walnuts

Lunch

Green Salad mixed with tuna fish/chicken salas
Lite Itailian Dressing
Blueberries
¼ cup Pecan nuts
Herbal Tea

Snack
¼ baby carrots

Dinner
?

Snack Peach

Drinks
Herbal Tea
Mineral/spring water
Black Coffee
Diet Cola

Recipe

Banana Smoothie

8 ounces brewed chilled herbal tea
1 scoop plain egg white protein powder
1 tablespoon freshly ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon peanut butter
½ cup crushed iced

Blend on high speed for two minutes

Add 1 large banana
½ teaspoon nutmeg

Blend well.

No comments:

Post a Comment